Our storytime sessions and booktalks are intended to promote the enjoyment of reading to your students (available for grades K-8).
One month notice is recommended to schedule a visit to your classroom.
Popular themes include: holidays, fairy tales, new fiction, multicultural, etc.
Specific topics are also welcome.
Best times to schedule are Thursdays and Fridays between 9am and 2pm.
- Alphabet Soup
- (ages 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 years with parent/caregiver)
- Wednesdays at 10am
- Focusing on alphabet and number recognition, shapes and colors, this class enjoys stories, fingerplayers, puppets, and songs. A simple craft will be offered.
- Baby Tales
- (ages 6 months - 2 1/2 years with parent/caregiver)
- Mondays at 10am
- This storytime is designed for this age group of young patrons. It features nursery rhymes, stories, fingerplays, puppets, and songs. There is also a simple craft and playtime.
- Evening Storytime
- (for all ages and families)
- Wednesdays at 6:30pm
- The whole family will enjoy these stories, fingerplays, songs and puppets. A craft will also be available. This program is for all ages, but an adult must accompany a young child.
- Firefighter Storytime
- (for preschoolers, all ages, and families)
- Tuesday, October 2 at 10am or 1:30pm
- Wednesday, October 3 at 10am or 6:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 at 10am
- Elk Grove Village Firefighters will be coming to the library to read books, talk about fire safety and show us their fire fighting protective gear. This special storytime will replace Getting Ready to Read. You do not need to register, just come!
- Getting Ready to Read
- (ages 3 1/2 years and up)
- Tuesdays at 10am and 1:30pm
- Thursdays at 10am
- This interactive storytime is designed for both child and parent. It includes stories, puppets, fingerplays, and songs. Phonics will be presented for foster reading readiness. The crafts will reinforce the letters learned that week as well as strengthen cutting and printing skills.
- Gingerbread Storytime
- (for all ages, and families)
- Tuesday, November 27 at 10am or 1:30pm
- Wednesday, November 28 at 6:30pm
- Thursday, November 29 at 10am
- Run, run as fast as you can to our special Gingerbread Storytime! We will be reading several different versions of this popular story, and then create our very own gingerbread house out of graham crackers, frosting and candy!
- Science & More
- (first grade and up)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4pm
- Explore science through experiments and thought provoking crafts. We will even do some fun exploratory math projects!
Last Updated: November 7, 2012