Interested in working at the Elk Grove Village Public Library? This page lists current job openings at the Library. Download a job application form or pick one up at the Circulation Desk. You will need Adobe Reader installed on your computer to view it online. When filling out an application, please specify the type of position you are seeking.
In addition to employment opportunities, you will find career services resources listed at ALA JobList and Career Resource Center, which include career development information; job-seeking tips; links to job ads, selected articles, and current news; and more.
Information Technology Manager
Are you looking for a dynamic, full-time information technology management position with great benefits at a public library with strong support from its community? If so, the Elk Grove Village Public Library is looking for you, as it seeks an Information Technology Manager to succeed its retiring Manager.
The Information Technology Manager position is a full-time (35 hours per week) exempt, professional position responsible for the overall management of the Elk Grove Village Public Library network, wi-fi infrastructure, computer hardware and software.
The Elk Grove Public Library is conveniently located 1 mile east of I-290 at Biesterfield Road. The library serves a population of 33,419 residents and has a staff of 80 employees.
Library applications, resumes, and cover letters will be accepted as long as the position remains open. Library applications may be picked up at the Circulation Desk in the library and are available on the library's website.
- Management of the library's Information Technology staff and computer network infrastructure.
- Managing the day-to-day functionality of the library's network equipment and computers.
- Serving as the library liaison to IT contractors, vendors, and professional organizations.
- Planning and budgeting for the library's Information Technology needs.
- Advising the Library Director concerning the library’s IT needs and developments in technology.
- Responsibility for network, desktop, and server security.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred.
Current certification as a Microsoft certified Professional Server Administrator, VMWare Certified Professional, or equivalent experience desired.
A minimum of 3 – 5 years' experience required; experience in a similar library environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server platforms, and experience with a similar integrated library system preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with Tyler/Munis software preferred.
- Experience in personnel supervision, short and long term planning, budget preparation and budget administration desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Ability to vary schedule to meet the library's technology needs
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
From $55,000, depending upon qualifications. This positon also participates in the IMRF pension system and receives a full benefits package, including vacation, sick and personal business leaves as well as health insurance. A 457 savings plan is also available.
Please send all application information to:
Michael Mangini, Business Manager
Elk Grove Village Public Library
1001 Wellington Avenue
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Last Updated: June 16, 2015