Freedom of Information Act Policy
- Brief description of the Library
- Our mission is to provide library materials and services to the residents of Elk Grove Village.
- The total operating buget for FY 2011-12 is $4,573,495. Funding sources are the Property Tax Levy, Corporate Replacement Tax, A State Grant, an Agreement with the Schaumburg Township District Library, and library generated income.
- The Library is located at 1001 Wellington Avenue in Elk Grove Village.
- The Library employs about 21 Full-time and 61 Part-time persons.
- The Library is under general control of the Library Board of Trustees - an elected (6 year terms) 7 person body. Its current members are:
- JoAnn Shafar, President
- Bruce Barnett, Secretary
- Timothy Burns
- James Colgan
- Donald Henderson
- Paul Kaplan
- Gilber Schumm
- The Library is required to report to, and be answerable for our operations to the Illinois State Library: Jesse White, State Librarian, and Anne Craig, Director of the Illinois State Library.
- FOIA requests may be done as follows:
- Use the form on the Library's Website
- Simply use a piece of paper
- Direct your request to the following person: Lee Maternowski or Michael Mangini, FOIA officers
- You must indicate if you have a "commercial purpose" in your request
- You must specify the records requested to be available for inspection or to be copied
- If you desire any records to be certified, they must be specified
- The following fees will be charged:
- First 50 pages of black & white text, letter or legal - none
- Charge for copies in excess of 50 - 10¢ each
- Color copies - 10¢ each
- There is a $1.00 charge for each certification of records
- If the requested records are in electronic format, they will be provided in another format, if possible. If not, they will be provided in the electronic format in which they exist. Actual cost will be charged.
- The Library will respond to a written request within 5 working days of receipt of the request. If necessary, an extension of 5 working days may be required.
- Records may be inspected or copied. If inspected, an employee must be present throughout the inspection.
- Records are available from Mondays through Fridays from 9:00am to 5:00pm in the Administrative Office of the Library at 1001 Wellington Avenue.
Supplementary Documents & Information
Last Updated: March 9, 2012
Copyright © Elk Grove Village Public Library. All rights reserved.