Storytime & Events
January 14 - April 11, 2013
Cozy up in Kids Korner for our winter storytimes: Alphabet Soup, Baby Tales, Evening Storytime, Getting Ready to Read, and Science and More. Most classes are drop-in except for Getting Ready to Read, and Science and More. Enter the Starred Class Weekly Raffle for a chance to win a $10 gift certificate to Barnes & Noble. The drawing takes place during the Thursday Science and More class. See our newsletter or online calendar for more information.
- Alphabet Soup
- (ages 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 years with parent/caregiver)
- Wednesdays at 10am
- Focusing on alphabet and number recognition, shapes and colors, this class enjoys stories, fingerplayers, puppets, and songs. A simple craft will be offered. 30 minutes.
- Baby Tales
- (ages 6 months - 2 1/2 years with parent/caregiver)
- Mondays at 10am
- This storytime is designed for this age group of young patrons. It features nursery rhymes, stories, fingerplays, puppets, and songs. There is also a simple craft and playtime. 45 minutes.
- Evening Storytime
- (for all ages and families)
- Wednesdays at 6:30pm
- The whole family will enjoy these stories, fingerplays, songs and puppets. A craft will also be available. This program is for all ages, but an adult must accompany a young child. 30 minutes.
- Getting Ready to Read
- (ages 3 1/2 years and up)
- Tuesdays at 10am or 1:30pm
- Thursdays at 10am
- This interactive storytime is designed for both child and parent. It includes stories, puppets, fingerplays, and songs. Phonics will be presented for foster reading readiness. The crafts will reinforce the letters learned that week as well as strengthen cutting and printing skills. 1 hour.
- Science & More
- (first grade and up)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4pm
- Explore science through experiments and thought provoking crafts. We will even do some fun exploratory math projects! 45 minutes.
Last Updated: November 28, 2012