The Elk Grove Village Public Library ("The Library") now allows for personal computer equipment to access the internet via a wireless network throughout the entire building which is incorporated by reference herein.
- Persons utilizing the wireless connection agree to comply with all provisions of the current Elk Grove Village Public Library Internet Policy which is incorporated by reference herein.
- The Library's wireless connection is unencrypted and unfiltered. Use of the wireless connection is done at the patron's own risk. By using this connection, patrons acknowledge that security errors and hacking are an inherent risk associated with any wireless service. For that reason, patrons expressly agree that they knowingly assume such risk, and further agree to hold the Library harmless from any claim or loss arising out of, or related to, any such instance of hacking or other unauthorized use or access into the patron's computer.
- The Library accepts no responsibility for any software downloaded and/or installed, email opened, or sites accessed while patrons are on the wireless internet connection. Any damage done to the patron's equipment or self from viruses, identity theft, spyware, plug-ins, or other Internet-borne programs is the sole responsibility of the patron; and the patron indemnifies and holds harmless the Library from any such damage.
- The Library accepts no responsibility regarding the ability of patron owned equipment to connect to the wireless network. Library staff will not change settings on patron equipment.
- Unauthorized downloading of copyrighted material(s) is strictly forbidden and will result in suspension or revocation of Library privileges and may result in a formal notification to the appropriate local law enforcement office.
This Internet Use Policy may be amended from time to time.
Elk Grove Village Board of Trustees
October 4, 2011