Adult Reading Program
Read for the Gold
June 13 - September 2021
Summer Reading is not just for kids! Adults get to read great books, earn a t-shirt, and win prizes, too!
This summer, you can read like an Olympian with 10 categories inspired by these Olympic sports:
- Archery - Red-Hot Romance (Romance)
- Basketball - Slam Dunk Superstars (Biographies)
- Diving - Diving In Authors' First (First Books by Well-Known Authors)
- Equestrian - Wild Westerns (Westerns)
- Judo - Japanese Journeys (Japanese Authors & Settings)
- Marathon Swimming - Marathon Mysteries (Mysteries)
- Rock Climbing - Cliffhangers (Thrillers & Suspense)
- Soccer/Football - Striking Sci-Fi (Science Fiction)
- Sprinting - Speedy Sprinters (Books Under 300 Pages)
- Surfing - Surf's Up (Beach Reads)
How to Participate
1. Starting June 13, sign up at the Adult Services Reference Desk or online with Beanstack.
2. Download and print a log sheet or visit the Library to pick one up.
3. Check out our suggested reading lists or choose your own titles.
4. Read 5 books from 5 different categories to earn your exclusive Adult Summer Reading t-shirt.
5. For each book you read, get a ticket to enter in our prize drawings for gift cards from local businesses.
6. Prize winners will be announced at the end of the program in September.
Questions? Please call the Adult Services Reference Desk at (847) 439-0447 x 272.