Computer Lab Hours
Monday - Thursday: 9am - 9:15pm
Friday: 9am - 6:45pm
Saturday: 9am - 4:45pm
Sunday: 1 - 4:45pm
Computer Lab Usage
- Patrons may use their library card barcode number to log into any available workstation in the lab. If a patron doesn't have their card with them, staff may look up their number and make a reservation. Staff WILL NOT give out any library barcode numbers to patrons. If a patron doesn't have their Elk Grove Village Library card with them or a library card registered with the Elk Grove Village Library from another Illinois Library, a guest pass can be given out for a 60-minute session, or a stand-up computer may be used for 15 minutes. ID and a good standing (i.e., no fines exceeding $25) is required to be given a guest pass.
- Patrons who have sufficient overdues and/or fines to require their account be forwarded to the Library's collection agency, under the terms currently in force, shall have their computer use privileges suspended until the account is fully resolved.
- There is a limit of two separate 60-minute sessions per day. An Elk Grove Village Library card holder may reserve a computer up to one day in advance.
- Your reservation will be held for approximately 10 minutes before it is cancelled.
- After your assigned 60-minute session has expired, you may continue to use the workstation based on availability.
- Individuals under 18 years old must have parental permission on their record at the library to use the Adult Computer Lab.
- There is a limit of two people per computer.
- Only individuals who are signed up to use or share the equipment may be in the computer lab.
- Individuals should be considerate of others working in the lab. This requires that talking be kept to a minimum and be done quietly.
- Improper behavior or the viewing of objectionable material will result in the denial of computer lab privileges. See our policy on improper computer uses for more details.
- Cell phone use is prohibited in the lab. Phones may be used outside the lab quietly.
- Food or drinks are not permitted in the computer lab.
- The Elk Grove Village Public Library will not be held liable for damage caused to any personal data storage device resulting from use on the computer lab equipment. Use of these devices is at your own risk.